Monday, June 17, 2013

Birthdays, Wedding, Father's Day, etc.

Life is good...

Two weekends ago when I went home, we all went to Rancho to celebrate Britt and Holt's birthdays. Britt turned 21 on the 5th and Holt turned 17 on the 10th. 


On Saturday I went to Ellie and Josh's wedding. It was absolutely beautiful and probably the sweetest wedding I have ever been to. Christ-centered relationships/marriages are so much more special than a secular wedding (as much as I hate to say it is what we see more of today) and that is exactly what theirs is. I pray that their marriage will continue to be one that honors our Lord. Wish them both nothing but happiness!! 




I had to leave the reception early because I knew I was getting another UTI. I had one back in the spring semester, so I was scheduled to have an ultrasound on my kidneys this past Friday to make sure nothing was going on and I have one kidney stone and I am supposed to go back for a follow up the next time I am home. Needless to say, the drive back last Sunday was not fun at all. I ended up getting sick from the medicine and I didn't start feeling better until about Wednesday of last week. 

As soon as I started feeling better I had a pool day with this pretty girl! It also happens to be her birthday today so HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :)

I went home this past weekend for Father's Day. When I got into town on Friday, I went and had lunch with Ander before my ultrasound and then went on to the AT&T store to get my new Iphone 5! I had planned on stopping by the new dealership on my way home and when I got there my daddy was leaving to go get his phone so I rode back to Andalusia with him. I did get a grand tour of the new dealership from Keith. It is so nice!! Definitely a huge step up from where they were working. 

Jess spent the night with us Friday night and she and Hillary had told me that if I would wake them up Saturday morning, we would go eat breakfast at Doc's. So I get up and get ready and when I try to wake them up, they had "changed their mind". So here I am... up at 8:00 on a Saturday morning craving Doc's! Tyler Dent came through though and went with me! 

We went out to eat at the country club after church for Father's Day. We all got up to leave and Hillary was prancing around being a diva and asked Holt to hold open the door for her. I thought it was pretty hilarious so I imitated her "walk" and said "Holt, hold that door open for me" (in the same voice as Hill)... Well I got up beside her and we were trying to go through the door at the same time. Before I knew it she had face planted and sweet tea went EVERYWHERE! It was the funniest thing!! Her story is much different than mine. She claims that I "pushed" her but that is far from the truth! I wish I would have had my phone to take a picture but I didn't :(




I started working out at 5:00 AM last week and I feel so much better when I work out in the morning. Jess started this morning with me so I am hoping that we will both stay motivated! I am hoping to also be able to go in the afternoons just to get in some more cardio! I don't know if I have mentioned it on the blog yet but Jess is my new roommate. I moved in with her at the end of the spring semester. We cook a lot and try to eat healthy! I'm sure you will hear a lot about her from here on out. She and Hillary are best friends and lived together in Troy. I'm pretty sure I am a better roommate than Hillary. She's kind of hard to live with :) Just kidding!

This week shouldn't be too busy. I have a few assignments to complete and a final to start studying for. We start a new bible study group tonight so I am very excited about that! And I have a meeting tomorrow so prayers would be appreciated! I am also running low on Vitamin D so I am hoping for some sunny days this week!! :)

Hope everyone has a great week! 


"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."
1 Corinthians 10:31





No comments:

Post a Comment