Tuesday, January 28, 2014

South Alabama SNOW DAY!!!

So since I am going to procrastinate all day anyway from homework due to being "snowed" in I thought maybe now would be a good time to blog! I haven't posted in a while but I was talking to a friend a couple of nights ago and she has started blogging again so why not! I read many different blogs DAILY and enjoy it so much! I feel like I "know" so many people from the blog world that I have never even met. 
Sometimes when I think about blogging I'm like "my life isn't really that interesting".. but it really is! I'm having trouble deciding where to start because SO much has happened since my last post. 
I guess it would be appropriate to start with one of my favorite people ;)....

My sister. Hillary graduated from Troy in July and is now working full time as an accountant in Opp. One weekend after she graduated we had a graduation party for her at our house... little did she know that party would turn into her engagement party! :) I am so excited for both of them and can't wait for Tyler to officially become my "brotha Tyla"! I love them both so much and wish them nothing but all the happiness in the world! (with lots of children)





I cannot wait to be able to stand right beside you on your big day!! 

She was in full force planning mode before he could even get up off his knee. LOL! But really, she has been on top of things and I'm pretty sure it is going to be the prettiest wedding of the year!! 

Here are some pictures from several of her showers so far...




Just doing my MOH duties...


Okay.. enough about Hillary. :)

Football season came and went way too fast! Go Bobcats!!

I dare you to tell me he is not the cutest thing you've ever seen. Seriously though. 

We love Coach Dent!

& our baby brother!

Football Friday's with my sister! #42 :)



So many fun memories made on the plains this year! :)
WAR EAGLE!




One weekend I stayed here and decided to have some people over to watch the game. I love hosting things and hope that one day when I have my own home I will be able to do it often!

Late night road trip to Auburn with my BFF!



Thanksgiving came and went very quickly. I was only home Wednesday and Thursday. I went shopping with mom and Hill on black friday and then went to the Iron Bowl on Saturday. We had the Hall's over at our house for Thanksgiving and I only have a few pictures (thanks to Jess!). 



Sometime back in the fall I celebrated this sweet baby's 1st birthday! Love her so much!!


During finals week right before I left I went to Bellingrath to look at Christmas lights with this sweet family. I am so thankful that God placed them in my life! 



(notice the orange and blue.. I wore these colors every single day the week after we beat BAMA!)

So, on to Christmas break.. I took my last final on a Thursday and headed to Auburn to spend the night. The next morning my group picked me up to head to Atlanta to catch our flight for our mission trip to New York! We spent a week in New York serving and sharing the Gospel with the homeless. I will devote an entire post to the trip soon. The day I left for Auburn, my sister face timed me with some very exciting news! I knew that I would be receiving a letter soon because I had heard of people already being accepted. Hill face timed me as she was walking to the mailbox and I HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED INTO THE MASTER'S PROGRAM FOR OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY AT SOUTH! I am so excited and blessed to have this opportunity. I know that The Lord is going to use me tremendously as an Occupational Therapy to tell others about Him! I will begin the program Fall 2014 so please be in prayer for me! 
Hillary posted this on Instagram from our FaceTime conversation. I think this shows just how excited I was/am!

She posted the acceptance letter on the door for everyone to see. I'm so blessed to have such a great sister and parents who love me and support me! :)

When I got home from New York we started Christmas festivities! I am just going to sum it up with pictures! Enjoy! :)

Christmas with the Hall's




Shopping day with the Harrison girls!

Another shopping day with my BFF ;)










Pretty sure she said something that was inappropriate.. 




My beautiful family!


The Hall girls!


Hall grandchildren and great grandchildren


Some of these pictures were out of order. But they are all from Christmas :)
Whatever works really at this point! I have been working on this post all morning and I am about to wrap it up! 

This semester has started off well other than the fact that I cannot seem to get motivated. I thought maybe this would be the week it happened BUT this "snow day" is throwing me off! This is my last semester of undergrad and I will graduate in May with a Psychology degree! I am very excited about being at home for the whole summer and preparing to start graduate school in the fall! 
I am also looking forward to a cruise in about month and Holt's senior year of baseball season coming up! Hopefully I can commit to blogging at least once a week so I don't have to play "catch up" and spend this much time blogging at one time. 

I hope everyone has a great day and stays warm! I have potato soup in the crockpot for supper and I am super pumped about that!! :))

"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden."
Matthew 5:14















No comments:

Post a Comment